CompTIA Security+ Certification Training Course
Baltimore | Columbia | Maryland | Washington DC | Northern Virginia
We host an instructor-led CompTIA Security Plus Certification Training Course at our facilities in Columbia, MD and Alexandria, VA, convenient for anyone in the Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC area. If you are located outside of the Baltimore Washington DC Metropolitan area, we have the capabilities of delivering our CompTIA Security+ course virtually and on-site nationwide.
The CompTIA Security Plus certification is vendor-neutral, internationally recognized and is included in the approved list of certifications to meet DoD Directive 8570.1 requirements. Carrying this accreditation signifies a demonstrated proficiency in system security management, network infrastructure establishment, access control configuration, cryptography and organizational defense measures. Essentially, this certification identifies knowledgeable professionals in the growing field of computer security.
Our Security Plus training course is designed for application by all types of network and security administrators regardless of what industry they serve.
CompTIA Security+ Certification Course Description:
Our accelerated five day CompTIA Security Plus training course provides you with the most complete Security+ certification exam preparation and real-world skill building available. Upon completing this course, you will be able to ensure compliance and operational security, effectively mitigate risks by implementing security protocols, identify security threats and vulnerabilities within networks, manage access control and identity and in the event of a security breach, you’ll be able to identify where the breach occurred. In short, you’ll be able to efficiently and effectively design a network with security best practices in mind.
The CompTIA Security+ certification exam voucher is included and the student has the option of taking the exam on the last day of the class.
The United States Department of Defense has listed CompTIA Security+ as an "approved" certification for its Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program (8570 Directive).
Want to know more about Security+ Certification? Read our blog post What is Security Plus?
CompTIA Security+ Certification Course Outline:
Understanding Security Fundamentals
- Information Security Cycle
- Information Security Controls
- Using Authentication
- Establishing Security Policies
Vulnerabilities & Threats
- What is Social Engineering
- Physical Threats
- Network Threats
- Software Threats
- Wireless Threats
- Network Technology and Devices
- Network Design and Architecture
- Network Protocol Implementation
- Wireless Traffic Security
- Implementing Network Security Administartion Policies and Practices
Application, Data, & Host Security Management
- Application Security
- Data Security
- Host and Device Security
- Mobile Security
Authentication, Access Control, Managing Accounts
- Access Control
- Security Controls for Account Management
- Certificate Enrollment
- CA Hierarchy Installation
- Network Traffic Security with Certificates
- Renewing and Revoking Certificates
- Backing Up and Restoration of Certification/Private Keys
- Using Risk Analysis
- Implementing Vulnerability Tools/Methodologies
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Methods for Mitigation and Deterrent
Security Incident Management
- Security Incident Response
- Security Incident Recovery
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Ensuring Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- DRP Use and Procedures
CompTIA Security+ Exam (SY0-301) and Testing:
CompTIA Security+ Exam (SY0-301) Details:
- Number of Questions on the CompTIA Security+ Exam - 100
- The passing score for this exam is 750 on a scale of 100 to 900
- The test duration is 90 minutes
- The test format is multiple choice
- Test Delivery: Pearson VUE
The CompTIA Security+ Exam (SY0-301) measures following skills:
- General Security Concepts - 30%
- Communication Security - 20%
- Infrastructure Security - 20%
- Basics of Cryptography - 15%
- Operational and Organizational Security - 15%
CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam Price: $293
You can purchase your CompTIA exam vouchers through Phoenix TS. In order to purchase your Security+ voucher today call a Phoenix TS representative and they will walk you through the process.
Phoenix TS is an authorized Pearson VUE testing center located in Columbia, MD. You can register to take your CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam at the Phoenix TS testing center by going to the Pearson VUE website or by giving us call a call at (301)-258-8200.
CompTIA Security+ Training Standard Price:
5 Day Course
- Expert instructor-led training with hands-on class exercises and sample exam questions
- All courseware is provided including textbooks, pens, notebooks and other needed materials
- Free exam voucher and retake option (the retake option is only valid for students who pay the full tuition price without discounts)
- Course retake option
- Breakfast provided including doughnuts, bagels, fruits, yogurt, and juices
- Free coffee, tea, and soda available all day
- Fresh baked cookies every afternoon (only at participating locations)
CompTIA Security+ Training Group Price:
In order to discuss a group pricing option please call us at (240) 667-7757 and we would be happy to assist you.
In today’s workplace, many cyber security specialists are required to have a Security+ certification. This training course will give you the knowledge needed to be successful in the exam room as well as the hands-on experience that will allow you to implement security services on a wide range of computer networks. Phoenix TS has earned CompTIA Gold Partner status as a result of the consistent quality training courses we provide students and we only use Official CompTIA Approved Quality Content. All of our instructors are certified in the courses they teach and have extensive experience in and out of the classroom.
Which IT Professionals is the CompTIA Security+ Training Course Designed For?
Our accelerated Security+ boot camp is ideal for IT Security Professionals early in their careers that are responsible for securing network devices, network services and network traffic. Candidates for the CompTIA Security Plus Certification are recommended (not required) to possess the following certifications, work experience and knowledge:
- At least two years of network experience and a working knowledge of security concepts
- The CompTIA Network+ Certification is also recommended
How Will the CompTIA Security+ Course Benefit Your IT Career?
As a result of the growing rate and severity of cyber-attacks, there is a huge demand for IT professionals that are capable of effectively securing and defending critical networks. Candidates that complete the Security Plus training course will have the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in the following job roles:
- Network Administrators
- Security Administrators
- System Administrators
- Security Engineers
- Security Architects
- Information Assurance Professionals
Classes Available Online & On-Site throughout Maryland, Washington DC, & Northern Virginia
If you are ready to enroll in an upcoming CompTIA Security+ training course, visit our class page by clicking the green button in the upper right hand corner to register or contact us via the form on the right hand side of this page. You can also use the form or call us at (301) 258-8200 if you have any additional questions regarding the CompTIA Security+ training course or exam or if you would prefer to schedule an on-site training session available worldwide.
View upcoming CompTIA Security+ Certification Training Classes
Go back to the PhoenixTS.com HOMEPAGE